At the Flowr Corporation we believe cultivating premium cannabis products starts from the ground up. From our expert cultivators to our executives, we work passionately to provide our customers with quality products that improve their lifestyles.
In support of that mission, we are in need of a Director of Project Management to join our team at our Kelowna BC campus.
If you are ready to join a fun, professional team of expert cultivators and business people in a new and fast-paced industry, we want to hear from you.
The Director, Project Management is responsible to oversee the Company’s capital projects. Working closely with architects, site supervisors, trades, sub trades and partners to ensure that projects are completed on time and on budget.
In this role, you will:
- Tactical execution of projects and assembling internal and external resources.
- In conjunction with the procurement group, responsible for material and construction vendor selection and management.
- Assisting the procurement group, negotiate contracts and pricing of services and materials.
- Monitor construction projects process closely and provide action plan and in-time communication to the Executive Leadership Team.
- Monitor on-site construction and actively enforce quality and schedule with contractors.
- Responsible for co-managing company’s contracted workforce involved in the build of all projects.
- Compiling annual or as required construction budgets and periodic update to forecasts.
- Work closely with the Finance group to ensure financial reporting is timely and the appropriate accounting treatment is utilized for a given project or sub-section of a project.
- Review and sign off to support approvals for all third party invoices and charges.
- Regular reporting and communication of project status, budget variance, and quality.
- Manage and monitor contractor performance.
- Maintain quality standards and compliance to ensure workload is scheduled to meet strategic objectives.
- Ensure that work is in accordance with service standards and project requirements as well as other regulatory and mandatory criteria (e.g. Safety, quality assurance, occupational health & safety, local bylaw & codes).
To be successful, you should have the following skills:
- Post-secondary degree in relevant field (engineering preferred)
- Masters degree not required but considered an asset
- PMP designation considered an asset
- 10+ years experience with EPC Company
- experience with Primavera P6
- Proven self-starter with strong commercial construction knowledge
- Demonstrated understanding of consumer goods industry
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to lead and motivate the Project Management team
- Work effectively and communicate closely among varied stakeholders
In return, we will give you:
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- A company culture that focuses not only on hard work, but also camaraderie, work-life balance, and having fun in all the things we do.
- A unique and challenging work environment with exposure to a diverse range of cutting-edge technologies.
- An opportunity to join an exciting and nascent industry with lots of room for career growth and advancement