THE FLOWR CORPORATION
At The Flowr Corporation we believe cultivating premium cannabis products starts from the ground up. From our expert cultivators to our executives, we work passionately to provide our customers with quality products that improve their lifestyles.
The Flowr Corporation has a unique and challenging work environment with exposure to a diverse range of cutting-edge technologies. We have a company culture that focuses not only on hard work, but also camaraderie, work-life balance, and having fun in all the things we do.
The Procurement Specialist manages the company’s supply of products and services. Further responsibilities include strategizing to find cost-effective deals and suppliers, and to discover the best ways to cut procurement expenses, so that the company can invest in growth and people.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Subcontract negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
JOB SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Proven working experience in the construction industry as Project Buyer, Purchasing Manager, agent or officer
- BS degree in accounting, supply chain management, logistics or business administration is desirable
- Comprehensive knowledge of Accounting Principles
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- Interest in market dynamics along with business sense
- A knack for negotiation and networking
- Working experience of vendor management software
- Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures
- Solid judgement along with decision making skills
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- A competitive salary, reflecting experience
- Participation in the employee benefit plans and programs generally made available to employees of the The Flowr Corporation after the successful completion of a probationary period.
Reports to Director of Project/Construction Management