At the Flowr Corporation we believe cultivating premium cannabis products starts from the ground up. From our expert cultivators to our executives, we work passionately to provide our customers with quality products that improve their lifestyles.
In support of that mission, we are in need of an experienced Human Resources Administrator to join our team at our Kelowna BC campus.
If you are ready to join a fun, professional team of expert cultivators and business people in a new and fast-paced industry, we want to hear from you.
The Human Resource Administrator will work closely with staff and the management team to implement and design HR policies in keeping with current legislation and Best Practices guidelines.
The HR Administrator will support the Human Resources department and is responsible for the daily administration of Human Resource programs and services. The HR Administrator will act as the first point of contact for HR-related queries from employees and external partners. The main administrative duties include maintaining personnel records, managing HR documents (e.g. employment records and onboarding guides) and updating internal databases.
In this role, you will perform the following duties:
- Assistance in interpretation of Human Resources policies and procedures, and administrative processes.
- Provide administration for Human Resource programs, including compiling complex statistical reports and processing changes to Human Resource Information Systems and files.
- May include the administration of the organization’s benefits programs and or payroll records.
Other Duties Include:
HR Administrator Duties
- Organize and maintain personnel records
- Update internal databases (e.g. record sick or maternity leave)
- Prepare HR documents, like employment contracts and new hire guides
- Revise company policies
- Liaise with external partners, like insurance vendors, and ensure legal compliance
- Create regular reports and presentations on HR metrics (e.g. turnover rates)
- Answer employees queries about HR-related issues
- Assist payroll department by providing relevant employee information (e.g. leaves of absence, sick days and work schedules)
- Participate in HR projects (e.g. help organize a job fair event)
- Assist in office management and organization procedures
- Reviewing files and records to answer requests for information
- Checking and distributing documents and correspondence
- Receiving, sorting and distributing incoming mail
- Monitoring and ordering inventory of office supplies
- Data entry; updating and maintaining databases
To be successful, you should have the following skills and qualifications:
- University degree or post-secondary education in Human Resources (Diploma/Certificate).
- Must have a minimum 3 years of HR administration, in a similar role with a general knowledge of all areas of Human Resources
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure the accuracy of data at all times
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and exceptional interpersonal, listening and interpretative skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize work and exercise initiative to ensure high quality service in context where timeliness and accuracy is critical
- Solid understanding and demonstrated working knowledge of relevant provincial employment legislation
- Detail and results oriented with ability to work independently
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Products, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
In return, we will give you:
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- A company culture that focuses not only on hard work, but also camaraderie, work-life balance, and having fun in all the things we do.
- A unique and challenging work environment with exposure to a diverse range of cutting-edge technologies.
- An opportunity to join an exciting and nascent industry with lots of room for career growth and advancement.